Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The White Sands of Boracay Part 1

I went to Boracay last May 10, 2012 - May 13, 2012. It was my first time to go there and I was a very excited tourist. I got to borrow my friend Trista's Fujifilm Instax 25s camera which is neat because it prints the pictures right away. I have 15 shots from it. Those shots are the ones that I'll be using in this post to tell my story.


(c) Paolo Panganiban :  Test shot

Trista told me that the initial click of the camera will not use a film. I thought this was true every time I open the camera. It turns out that it's only true when you have a fresh cartridge loaded in the camera. Lucky enough, it turned out good. Shot inside our hotel room. We stayed at Hey Jude. That's Jet, Brad, Gino, and Ian

(c) Paolo Panganiban :  Test shot. Outdoor version

My second test shot. I'm not really sure what's the setting of the camera. I just know that the ISO of the film is 800. I took this while walking through station 2 going to the far end of station 3. That's Tiff and Mica 

 (c) Paolo Panganiban : Home made Bailey's

We bought the follow items for our first drinking session. 2 Chocolate Drinks, 1 Fundador, 1 Milk, and Coffee. We were having troubles on how we'll be mixing all of this since we don't really have a blender and the hotel doesn't have one as well. Jocy however, was lucky enough to be allowed by the Fruitas stall to use their blenders. Drinking problem solved!

 (c) Paolo Panganiban : Breakfast

Hey Jude has a breakfast meal bundled with the accommodation. There's a variety of choices and combinations depending on what you want to eat for the day. Choices vary from Bacon, to Hotdog, to Bangus, Longganisa, Ham, Bread or Rice, and Scrambled or Sunny side up eggs. That's Jocy by the way. Pardon the red horns that are coming out of her head. I forgot to check the background. 

 (c) Paolo Panganiban : Self Portrait

This is me. Taken by Jocy during lunch. Nothing much to say. Except the clothes that are hanging from the open window above me is a bit distracting. I guess I paid for the Jocy Horn portrait with this portrait.

 (c) Paolo Panganiban : Testing the waters

Went swimming during the second day. Jescy, Gillian, and I were left behind while the rest left for the helmet diving activity. We left our bags by the shore with no one to take care of it. We were scaring ourselves silly thinking that someone might grab our belongings while we go swimming. Thankfully, that didn't came true. There were 2 kids swimming near us. Jescy keeps on joking about them getting our attention while someone would take our things away without us noticing. hahaha.


End of part 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment